CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Times they are a changing....

Hindsight is generally 20/20. Take for instance this quote:

"I was EXTREMELY adamant about was that I was going to make Max's baby food"

HA.. If I knew then what I know now I may have saved myself some sleepless nights and near panicked times when I thought Max was choking. Every time I make him food he coughed, choked and acted like he's about to vomit. For months I thought something was wrong with him. I talked to his pediatrician, nutritionist and even went as far to visit an ENT to see if he thought Max may have palate issues. As it turns out, Max just didn't like the food I made. At the suggestion of his nutritionist I bought some baby yogurt and he plowed through it with such vigor you would have thought I was starving the poor child. No choking, no coughing.. nothing. He squealed and squealed and practically attacked the food. After witnessing that show I decided to buy some jars of baby food to test my theory.

I offered him home made sweet potatoes and he coughed and turned red. I offered him Earths Best Organic Chicken and Sweet Potatoes and once again he practically attached the spoon. I was unaware that a seven month old child could hurt your feelings.. but he can! I don't know why he didn't like my food. I made it based on a few different instructions. I stopped adding formula and started using butter. I made it the exact same consistency as the jarred stuff but.. no dice. So I guess we'll stick to the earths best organic food. Gerber products tend to have more sodium and we LOVE LOVE LOVE the Yo-Baby 3 in 1 yogurt meals. I have Max eating pears, green beans and yogurt and apples, sweet potatoes and yogurt. He's getting so stinking big and cute that I just can't stand it.

We also had the pleasure of going to a gorgeous wedding this weekend. As I was eating my cake, my little dive bomber decided that he needed to be included in the festivities and went straight for my cake... He actually succeeded and now I fear for the worse. He also tried to knock punch out of the brides hand... I'm not sure what I'm going to do with him!

This little life we've created changes so much. I hope that I can nurture him to be the best person possible... Even if he doesn't like my food!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to make our little Bun's food, but this was a good reality check for me to know that it is ok if it doesn't work.

Post a Comment